Seeking Part-Time Bilingual Community Organizer
The Idaho Organization of Resource Councils (IORC), a grassroots community organization focusing on building community power, seeks a part-time bilingual community organizer in our Boise, Idaho office to organize a local chapter in the Treasure Valley with an inclusive and diverse membership, including significant representation from the Latino community. IORC’s goal is to build a multi-issue, statewide, member-driven nonprofit that organizes people to improve the economic and environmental well-being of their communities.
The organizer will perform an organizing assessment in Ada and Canyon County, lead an organizing committee of member leaders, and develop an inclusive and diverse local chapter of the organization.
Some of the specific job responsibilities include:
- Performing an organizing assessment in Ada and Canyon Counties
- Conducting one-on-ones with a wide range of community members
- Recruiting new members
- Organizing and facilitating an organizing committee of community leaders
- Organizing house meetings
- Working with members to formulate sound campaigns and strategies
- Identifying, recruiting, and developing leaders
- Making sure meetings are well-run and productive
In addition to the listed responsibilities the organizer may be responsible for some media
and communications work, research, and other assigned tasks to further the organization’s mission.
- Fluent English and Spanish speaker
- Experience in community organizing
- Commitment to progressive values and social justice
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Familiar with the public policy process
- Knowledge of Idaho communities, people, and issues
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with media and fundraising a plus
How to Apply: Please send resume, cover letter and 3 references to Breland Draper, IORC Staff Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This part-time position is 20 hours per week, with some flexibility as to work hours. Pay is $13-$17 per hour (depending on experience), plus paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave. Eligible for employer pension contributions after two years on the job.
This position is open till filled, but we encourage applications as soon as possible.