Seeking Full-Time Bilingual Community Organizer
The Idaho Organization of Resource Councils (IORC), a grassroots community organization focusing on building community power, seeks a full-time bilingual community organizer in our Boise, Idaho office to work with two existing local chapters and perform an organizing assessment for a local chapter in the Treasure Valley with an inclusive and diverse membership, including significant representation from the Latino community.
IORC’s mission is to empower people to improve the well-being of their communities, sustain family farms and ranches, transform local food systems, promote clean energy, and advocate for responsible stewardship of Idaho’s natural resources.
Some of the specific job responsibilities include:
- Provide staff organizing support to two existing local chapters
- Attend chapter meetings and work with leaders to develop agendas
- Perform an organizing assessment in Ada and Canyon Counties
- Conduct one-on-ones with a wide range of community members
- Recruit new members
- Organize and facilitate an organizing committee of community leaders
- Organize house meetings
- Work with members to formulate sound campaigns and strategies
- Identify, recruit, and develop leaders
- Make sure meetings are well-run and productive
In addition to the listed responsibilities the organizer may be responsible for fundraising,
research, and other assigned tasks to further the organization’s mission.
- Fluent English and Spanish speaker
- Experience in community organizing
- Commitment to progressive values and social justice
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Familiar with the public policy process
- Knowledge of Idaho communities, people, and issues
- Strong communication skills
How to Apply: Please send resume, cover letter and 3 references to Breland Draper, IORC Staff Director, at email@example.com
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Boise, Idaho with significant in-state travel. Salary ranges from $30,000-$35,000 to start, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include health and dental insurance, sabbatical, paid vacation and sick leave, and flex time. Eligible for employer pension contributions after two years on the job.
This position is open till filled, but we encourage applications as soon as possible.