Membership and Communications Coordinator
The Idaho Organization of Resource Councils (IORC), a grassroots community organization focusing on building community power, seeks a part-time membership and communications coordinator. The position is based in our Boise office and will work directly with IORC staff and leadership to build and maintain a robust membership management and communications system. The position will be dedicated to helping IORC grow a diverse membership that reflects the demographics of the state.
IORC’s mission is to empower people to improve the well-being of their communities, sustain family farms and ranches, transform local food systems, promote clean energy, and advocate for responsible stewardship of Idaho’s natural resources.
Some of the specific job responsibilities include:
- Manage IORC’s membership renewal system by sending first and second renewal letters and coordinating calls to members and donors on a monthly basis.
- Serve as staff liaison to IORC’s local chapters and provide them with updated membership lists on a monthly basis. Coordinate membership renewal outreach with local chapter representatives.
- Coordinate new member welcome activities such as creating and mailing new member packets, making welcome and orientation calls, connecting them to campaigns and affiliate groups, and informing them of in-person meetings.
- Produce reports, mailing lists, and mailings.
- Support fundraising efforts by generating donor lists, analyzing giving patterns, merging letters, assembling mailings, calling donors, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain the organization’s database and membership records, an essential tool for membership engagement, organizing, and fundraising. Ensure member and donor information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Work with staff and leadership teams to support overall membership and fundraising efforts, including annual events.
- Work with organizers to build, engage, and retain membership.
- Manage IORC’s social media accounts, work with staff and leadership to generate communications content, and lead effort on quarterly newsletters.
In addition to the listed responsibilities, the coordinator may be responsible for fundraising, research, and other assigned tasks to further the organization’s mission.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Spanish.
- Experience with CRM databases and communications systems.
- Commitment to progressive values and social justice.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong communication skills
How to Apply: Please send resume, cover letter and 3 references to Breland Draper, IORC Staff Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a part-time, hourly position based in Boise, Idaho with approximately 20-25 hours per week. Starting hourly wage ranges from $13-$17 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
This position is open until filled, but we encourage applications as soon as possible.